Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday

Most of you read my Facebook, so you are well aware of my little mishap this morning. I stepped on the scale, full expecting to be able to jump on here and talk about officially hitting 50 lbs (I was at 49.8 yesterday). But when I stepped on the scale, it read that I GAINED two lbs. Overnight.

I know it's not possible. I know it's water weight or sodium or some other silly thing. There is no way I consumed 7,000 calories yesterday (that's how much it takes to gain 2 lbs). But I was still frustrated. I want to celebrate 50, damn it!

I am not going to weigh myself for another week. Which will kill me, because I am antsy and anxious to hit that 50, but I am becoming obsessive and I don't want to pick apart numbers and scales. I would rather focus on how I am feeling and what I am doing and eating. So hold tight, friends. I will come back next week with a full report.

I have once again switched up my workouts. I've started adding in more intense interval training on the treadmill, attending Zumba toning classes, and doing the Stairmaster. Next week, I am going to start swimming once a week again. I realized I wasn't quite hitting my calories burned goal over the last few weeks, so I am paying more careful attention to that now.

I see a new doctor tomorrow. As much as I liked my old one, her office staff ruined it for me. They were constantly rude and condescending. I really did not want to deal with that anymore. So tomorrow I see a new doctor, and I'm scared. I am worried she is going to tell me I need to lose weight. I think I may end up blurting out my weight loss story as soon as she walks in the room, sort of as an "I know I need to lose weight, but I've lost nearly 50 lbs already, just so you know". I guess we'll see how it goes. And maybe she can give me some insight into these mini plateaus I run into, as well as my weak immune system and sinus issues.

My trainer at the new gym looked over my food log and noted that I am not eating enough protein. I don't eat red meat (not for any reason other than I don't like it), so I kind of new that...plus, I'm horrible with snacks. I don't eat them. I eat my three meals plus tea and a small desert at night. I need to be better about packing a snack that contains some protein during the day at work.

That's all I have for today, friends. I apologize for the lack of excitement and proper writing. I am slowly starting to fall into a better routine with my new job, but still getting used to it. My writing has taken a dive! I need to get back into it.

Have a lovely rest of your week!

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

I hope all goes well with the new doctor today. It's so important to find one you like, but you're right, the office environment makes a big difference and you deserve one where you're respected. Fingers crossed this new place will be the perfect blend! :)