Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday

Good news! I managed to maintain the weight I lost when I had the stomach bug, so I am down 52 lbs.

People keep asking me over and over if I am going to have a "50 lbs" party. I was planning on it. I was going to invite family and close friends to have a dinner and celebrate. But when the 50 lbs finally hit, it just felt weird to send an e-mail out asking people to come celebrate me. So, to be honest, I really haven't done anything to celebrate. Which  I guess is kind of sad, considering how hard I worked, but I also don't necessarily need a celebration. I know what I've done.

I think throughout this journey I have been most proud of my bravery and my willingness to try new things. I am not generally a person who likes to jump into new opportunities. I worry and stress about who will be there, if I will stand out, etc. When I used to belong to the Y in Auburn Hills a few years ago, I would pace back and forth outside the group exercise room, trying to force myself to go inside. Sometimes I went in, sometimes I got too scared.

But this time has been different. I have tried Yoga, Zumba toning, Spinning, Kickboxing, Battle Ropes (not a class, but I was the first at Sola to try them and demonstrated them for others), Pilates, and Bootcamp. Of all of these, bootcamp has been my favorite- you know, in a sort of sick and twisted way. It's SO hard, and afterwards I wanted to curl up in my bed for hours, but it was such a feeling of accomplishment that it felt amazing. I was a little slower than everyone else and sweat more than I have in my entire life, but I did it.

This journey has been so different than my previous weight loss attempts- different in the best way, because it's working. I am pushing myself hard, I am keeping an open mind, and I am soaking up knowledge any way that I can.

Ever since I started cooking, I have only repeated a recipe once or twice. I have tried new things with food, too! And guess what? IT'S FUN!

The other day I stopped at JcPenney to get some T-shirts for Florida. And you guys- I bought a shirt outside of the plus size section- in the regular women's section. I can't tell you how happy that made me. It's been a long time since I could do that. I almost cried. The sales associate helping me almost cried. It was one of those moments. A very special moment.

I will not lie, though. I'm tired. You've heard me say this before in my WLW posts: this whole thing is exhausting. Today was actually a rest day from working out and I can feel my muscles aching a bit. It reminds me how hard this is, and how far I have come. But also, how far I have to go. And that makes me tired. But I will not give up!

I love you guys. Thanks for virtually celebrating with me. And maybe I'll treat myself this weekend and have a beer or two to officially celebrate.  Also, when I hit my goal weight, I really am going to throw a party, and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

1 comment:

Joy said... Add Reply

Congratulations on your success!