Monday, November 10, 2014

5.


5 Things You Don't Know About Me

  • I almost never buy a Christmas album, because I am not the kind of person who can listen to Christmas year round...and I don't see the point in buying something I will only listen to for a short window of time. 
  • I have very vivid dreams. 
  • I used to be a deep sleeper. Now I wake easily, and then struggle to fall back asleep. 
  • I love watching documentaries-specifically ones on cults. I know, it's weird. But it's fascinating.On weekends it takes me a very long time to get out of bed. I love to just be able to lay there and not worry about where I have to be.


5 Things I'm Knowledgeable About
  • Music. I spend all day discovering new artists on Spotify while I work. I like that I have a broad variety of music that I enjoy and that I can recommend to others..
  • Charities. When looking at where to give my time/energy, I do a lot of research. I can almost always recommend a place for a friend or family member to volunteer or to donate depending on what their passion is.
  • Social Media. Part of my job is to keep up to date on social media, but it's also a side hobby of mine, and I've become quite skilled at getting the information needed via different sites. 
  • Cooking. This is recent, of course, but cooking has become a skill. I don't know everything and there is still plenty to learn, but I know enough to get by and to share some tips.
  • Fundraising. Working at ACS has taught me so many new tips and tricks to fundraising!
5 Things I know Nothing About
  • Video Games. I can tell you anything you need to know about Mario Kart, but beyond that I'm pretty lost. We had video game systems growing up, but my brother was really the one to play. 
  • Having a baby. Sure, I've babysat for most of my life. But actually raising a child? Nope. Not the slightest clue. 
  • Accounting. Blech. God Bless the folks who chose this as their life passion, because I certainly wouldn't be able to do it.
  • Traveling. It's so romantic to be able to call ourselves "travelers", isn't it? I think it's the top of everyone's wish list, to be able to travel more. I really don't even know where to start. I'd love to be able to know a thing or two about traveling. 
  • Cars. I've always thought it would be so great to be "car smart" and to be able to fix my own car problems as they arise. Instead I just panic and call my dad.
5 Things I Believe
  • I believe in equality. Men, women. Gay, straight. Black, white. Fat, skinny. I could go on and on. I believe we were created equally, we should treat each other equally, we should be punished and rewarded equally. 
  • I believe that happiness is possible once you are READY to be happy.
  • I believe that people are placed in your life at certain times for a reason.
  • I believe that music is life's greatest healer.
  • I believe in God, and trust that He is leading me down the right path.
5 Songs I Recommend

  • Jessie J, Masterpiece

  • JohnnySwim, Closer


  • Taylor Swift, Blank Space

  • You + Me, No Ordinary Love

  • Carrie Underwood, Something In The Water

No comments: