Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday

So last week, I cried tears of joy all morning because I had dropped some lbs and was only 1.6 away from losing 100 lbs. But then I remembered that because of my stress and schedule with trying to find a new place to live, I was not eating according to my normal meal plan. My tummy was in knots so I never felt hungry. I assumed I may gain back some weight once I started eating normally again.

I was right- when I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in, I was 2 lbs up from last week. I don't know if I actually gained 2 lbs of "weight". I mean, I still stuck to healthy eating and was doing a lot of moving. I think my body is just fluctuating as my diet and activity level goes up and down.

I will get there. It may not be as soon as I want it to be, but I will get there. My total weight loss now is 96.6 lbs. Pretty darn close.

With moving will come developing- and getting used to- a new routine. Although I am not moving far away, it's enough of a move that I will need to make some adjustments. Like I may not be able to go home before going to the gym, so I should have dinner pretty much ready to go.

Another thing I am trying to plan for is my "to go" meals. When I have night meetings for work I tend to go out to eat- Panera or  Subway or something. And while I know it's okay to go out to eat once in a while. I am trying to really be conscious of where I am spending my dollars and how I can eat healthy on the road. So I am going to work on packing a "to go" dinner that I can eat in the car or before a meeting begins. If you have any suggestions for easy meals on the go, please share!

I have to give a big ole shout out to my coworkers. They are so incredibly supportive of my journey and I know that they genuinely care about my progress and updates, which is a comforting feeling. I am really lucky that I work for a company that encourages wellness AND that is full of such awesome people.

So, that's where I stand. Hopefully 100 will come soon. But in the meantime, I'll just keep on keeping on.



No comments: